The use of ResumGO.com is generally possible without providing Personal Data. When Users navigate on ResumGO.com, or download templates, they don’t need to give any personal information. We never ask for personal or private information like names, email addresses – unless the User wants to be contacted about queries or complaints (for e.g.).
When you enter and use ResumGO.com and agree to accept cookies, some of these cookies may contain your Personal Data.
Users can also send us Personal Data (or example, name and e-mail address) via our contact form, our commenting system or by e-mail. This is always done on a voluntary basis by the Users.
Also, Personal Data can be collected by our trusted partners -or third parties- for the following purposes and using the following services:
- Advertising: Google AdSense (Cookies and Usage Data)
- Analytics: Google Analytics (Cookies and Usage Data) – we keep our reporting and analytics to the level of anonymous group data
- Social Networks: Facebook Like button and social widgets, Twitter Tweet button, Pinterest “Pin it” button, LinkedIn button (Cookies and Usage Data)
FlyWheel, our managed WordPress hosting, collects and stores Personal Data (e.g., IP Addresses) as part of web server logs for the purposes of monitoring, measuring, analyzing, improving, and troubleshoot services only.
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. These data will not be passed on to third parties and will not be used to build a marketing database. We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Also, be informed that you have certain legal rights with respect to your personal data (detailed in the full policy, below).
Owner and Data Controller
Table of Contents
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- Log Files, Cookies and Web Beacons
- Cookie Declaration
- Advertising and Commercial affiliation
- Links to third party websites
- Interaction with external social networks and platforms
- Contact form and email contact
- Content commenting
- Hosting and backend infrastructure
- Legal action
- Your consent
- Contact Information
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your Personal Data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
What are your rights?
When using our website and submitting personal data to us, you may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other laws. Depending on the legal basis for processing your personal data, you may have some or all of the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Log Files, Cookies and Web Beacons
FlyWheel, our managed WordPress hosting, collects and stores Personal Data (e.g., IP Addresses) as part of web server logs for the purposes of monitoring, measuring, analyzing, improving, and troubleshoot services only. See Hosting and backend infrastructure.
The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track Users’ movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons: pages of ResumGO.com may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- DoubleClick DART cookies: ResumGO.com also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on Users’ computer when they are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to Users and their interests (“interest based targeting”).DART uses “non-personally identifiable information”. It does NOT track personal information about Users, such as their name, email address, physical address, etc. Users may decide to disable all the Doubleclick Cookies by clicking on: http://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/optout?hl=en
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Your consent applies to the following domain: ResumGO.com
NECESSARY COOKIES (1)
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Cookie declaration last updated on November 12, 2018 by Cookiebot:
MARKETING COOKIES (6)
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
|01AI||abmr.net||Used for gathering anonymous technical information regarding the user’s browser, operating system, IP address and screen resolution as well as the user’s navigation on the website.||1 year||HTTP|
|google_experiment_mod||resumgo.com||Used by Google AdSense for experimenting with advertisement efficiency accross websites using their services||Persistent||HTML|
|google_pub_config||resumgo.com||Used by Google AdSense for experimenting with advertisement efficiency accross websites using their services||Persistent||HTML|
|IDE||doubleclick.net||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
|NID||google.com||Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device. The ID is used for targeted ads.||6 months||HTTP Cookie|
|test_cookie||doubleclick.net||Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
UNCLASSIFIED COOKIES (6)
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
|GFE_RTT||docs.google.com||Unclassified||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
Advertising and Commercial affiliation
We use third party advertisements on ResumGO.com to support our site.
Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
We use Google AdSense as our advertising service:
Google AdSense (Google Inc.)
Google AdSense is an advertising service provided by Google Inc. This service uses the “Doubleclick” Cookie, which tracks use of ResumGO.com and User behavior concerning ads, products and services offered.
Users may decide to disable all the Doubleclick Cookies by clicking on: https://adssettings.google.com/
We use Google Analytics to monitor and analyze web traffic and to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of ResumGO.com, such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site.
We use the information (via aggregate data) we get from Google Analytics only to improve this site.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
- Data retention period: 14 months.
Google Analytics with anonymized IP (Google Inc.)
The information generated by the cookies about your use of our website, including your IP address, will be anonymized by use of the appropriate settings (“_anonymizeIp()” function) and transmitted to Google servers in the United States. It works by shortening Users’ IP addresses. For more information on how IP anonymization works please read https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052.
Links to third party websites
This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by ResumGO.com.
ResumGO.com may contains hyperlinks to other web sites or content or resources.
The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices.
ResumGO.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third party advertisers.
When Users click on links and/or ad banners that take you to third-party websites, they will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, ResumGO.com cannot be responsible for the actions of third parties or for their privacy practices. We encourage Users to consult their privacy and security practices and policies before providing them with personal information – as well as for instructions about how to opt-out of certain practices.
Users acknowledge and agree that We are not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by Users as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by Users on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such websites or resources.
Interaction with external social networks and platforms
This type of services allow interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the pages of ResumGO.com.
The interaction and information obtained through ResumGO.com are always subject to Users’ privacy settings for each social network.
This type of service might still collect traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
Facebook Like button and social widgets (Facebook, Inc.)
The Facebook Like button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Facebook social network provided by Facebook, Inc.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
- Place of processing: US – Data Policy
Twitter Tweet button and social widgets (Twitter)
The Twitter Tweet button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Twitter social network provided by Twitter Inc.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
Pinterest “Pin it” button and social widgets (Pinterest)
The Pinterest “Pin it” button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Pinterest platform provided by Pinterest Inc.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
LinkedIn button and social widgets (LinkedIn Corporation)
The LinkedIn button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the LinkedIn social network provided by LinkedIn Corporation.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
Contact form and email contact
Yahoo Mail is our email provider so any emails or messages you send us directly or via Contact form will be stored on their servers. You can learn more here: https://policies.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/privacy/.
Contact form (ResumGO.com)
The Users can choose to identify themselves when using our contact form.
The information Users provide via Contact Form is sent to us by email and is not stored on our hosting server. We will collect (and may retain) any personally identifying information, such as Users’ name and email address (the IP address won’t be collected). We will use this information to try to fulfill Users request and may use it provide you with additional information at a later time. We will not disclose such information to third parties.
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorizes ResumGO.com to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
- Personal Data collected (non-mandatory fields): email address, name.
- This information is retained until (if) you tell us to remove it.
Alternatively, it is possible to contact us via the provided email address. In this case, the Personal Data of the user and any other information you provide within your email will be stored. In this context, the data will not be passed on to third parties. The data will only be used for the processing of the conversation.
The user has the possibility to revoke his or her consent to the processing of Personal Data at any time. If the user contacts us by email, he can object to the storage of his Personal Data at any time. In such a case, the conversation cannot continue. In this case, all Personal Data stored in the course of making contact will be deleted.
The information you provide will only be processed in relation to the purpose of your correspondence with us. We have no fixed retention period for email correspondence, but we are committed to only storing your data for no longer than is necessary to serve our legitimate interests of record keeping.
Users may leave anonymous comments: automatic IP address collection via the CMS used has been deactivated, and personal information fields are not mandatory to leave a comment). If there is an email address among the Personal Data provided by the User, it may be used to send notifications of comments on the same content. Users are responsible for the content of their own comments. We don’t use Gravatar service.
- This information is kept for as long as the site is active or it is deleted by a site administrator.
Hosting and backend infrastructure
This type of services has the purpose of hosting data and files that enable ResumGO.com to run and be distributed as well as to provide a ready-made infrastructure to run specific features or parts of ResumGO.com.
FlyWheel (Fancy Chap, Inc.) – Host / main server
ResumGO is hosted by FlyWheel.
Datacenter is located in the US (New York City).
FlyWheel collects and store Personal Data as part of web server logs for the purposes of monitoring, measuring, analyzing, improving, and troubleshoot services only. These logs include the IP addresses of Website users. You can read about the security features implemented at FlyWheel here. You can also access all their legal docs.
Web Server Logs are not published and are used solely to maintain service quality.
- This information is retained for up to 6 months.
This information is not shared with any external third-party organizations.
- NOTES ON SSL ENCRYPTION
ResumGO.com uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as requests you send to us as the site operator. An encrypted connection can be recognized by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from
“http://” to “https://” and the lock symbol in your browser line. If SSL encryption is enabled, the information you provide to us cannot be read by third parties.
Amazon Web Services (Amazon.com Inc.)
Amazon Web Services is a hosting service provided by Amazon.com Inc.
We use Amazon Web Services (AWS) servers to host our files to be downloaded as well as the images used on ResumGO.com.
- We don’t collect Personal Data when the files are downloaded (server access logging disabled).
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner, in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age.
The individual using ResumGO.com, which must coincide with or be authorized by the Data Subject, to whom the Personal Data refers.
A natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural person, legal person, public administration or any other body, association or organization with the right, also jointly with another Data Controller, to make decisions regarding the purposes, and the methods of processing of Personal Data and the means used, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Application. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of ResumGO.com.
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information regarding a natural person, a legal person, an institution or an association, which is, or can be, identified, even indirectly, by reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
According to Article 4 of the GDPR, Personal Data is defined as:
Information collected automatically from ResumGO.com (or third party services employed in ResumGO.com), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use ResumGO.com, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within ResumGO.com) and the details about the path followed within ResumGO.com with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
A server log is a log file (or several files) automatically created and maintained by a server consisting of a list of activities it performed.
An address within the computer network based on the Internet Protocol (IP). This address is assigned to the device and thus allows the device to be addressed and so accessed.
By modifying the data, identification of a natural person is no longer possible.
Owner and Data Controller
Last modification was made November 12, 2018.